Monday, June 7, 2010

DankeCIAO, Schwangau

Phew, a lot to update on this one.

I've been enjoying Germany a lot, and a visit with some of my relatives made it even better. But back to Munich...

It turns out our last day in Munich was a relgious holiday and so our plans to shop all day were definately ruined. But a woman at a tourist office sent us off with a flyer full of museums and we ended up at the Alte Pinakothek. It was actually a huge museum with some very big names in it.. Raphael, Bosch, Rubens and DURER. We didn't even know, but one of our faves was there... nice surprise!



That night, we went off to the clubbing district where there are tons of clubs all together. It was pretty good but not my favourite of the party cities so far.

Next was Fussen, which is the closest town to the castles of Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau. They were truly truly gorgeous and impressive. The walk was pretty harsh (up mountains) for my sprained ankle but it was worth it. We also hiked to the bridge behind the castle for a better view. Again, harsh but worth it.





From Fussen, I took a train on my own to Stuttgart to meet relatives. We spent a really nice day together in Stuttgart and Backnang. I even saw the Stuttgart version of the Space Needle or CN tower. Neat to see the surrounding area from up there, and of course seeing relatives I see so rarely if ever is





After this very pleasant afternoon, I met up with everyone else in Nuremberg. Our hostel is odd and I had a strange encounter with the Red Light District but overall, Nuremberg is a cool city. Everything is so easy to walk to! The first night I arrived too late to do anything, but today while my friends went shopping I visited Durer's grave. You know, the my 16th century crush I mentioned in Munich. Anyway, I must say it was a very nice graveyard!





Aftwards, a Chinese buffet. I know, weird but we were starving! Then, we went to this Nazi Documentation museum which SOUNDS worse than it was. It was a lot of history and propaganda which is quite interesting.



Anyway, tomorrow it's off to Durer's house and stuff, and then PRAGUE!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment