Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Venice, Vienna, Munich,,,

This is going to be quite a bit crammed into one blog, and I'm incredibly tied... bear with meee :

So we had one last day in Venice. Nothing very exciting, just seeing the city and wandering around. It is such a pretty place but so little to do!



We then took a train to Vienna. It is such a pretty city! It definitely became my new fave. Didn't smell, was clean, pretty... the only downside is the extreme lack of nightlife and complete shutdown on Sundays, but it was quite nice. Highlights included the Belvedere Palace despite the RIDICULOUS amount of rain..





We also went to the Albertina Museum which was interesting. Lots of more modern art but I enjoyed it. It was a palace as well, so it has staterooms which were gorgeous and filled with art. I prefered it to what I remember from visiting Versailles actually.



(pictured above: not worth it.)
Anyway, the last night we were getting pictures... on a fountain... and I jumped off... anyway, my first picture taken in Munich is not particularly scenic...




It's sprained, but improving. I am falling asleep but don't want to give the impression that I have nothing to say about Munich. I adore it here. People are polite, the vibe is good, the food is tasty, and everything is cheap. I want to move here, after one day in the pouring rain with a sprained ankle. Love love love. One more day of it and off to the most postcard-perfect place in the world...

1 comment: