Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Duomo Arigato, Mr. Roboto


Another pun title. I write to you this time from Florence, or Firenze, which is more fun to say.

The city, overall, is pretty, hot, small and sort of pricey. Main activities have included eating, walking, eating, eating gelato and shopping at the street vendors. Seeing the Duomo everywhere you go is pretty cool, but the heaaaat. It killssss.

Anyway, so far we have been to the Bargello Gallery to see Donatello's David, The Accademia to see Michaelangelo's David, and the Palazzo Vecchio to see Cellini's Perseus and the Medici's Palace. I can't spell any of these Italian words, by the way. Most of the galleries don't allow pictures so I don't have a lot to blog about... but I'm eating my fruits and vegetables..."Big Cuppa Di Frutta" hahaha

1 comment:

  1. Florence was one of the highlights of my trip. I can't wait to go back there one day! We stayed there for an entire week (in early August, 1995), which is probably why I enjoyed it so much. And that Duomo is so photogenic!
    Looking back at my diary I notice that I ate a LOT of gelato. At least once a day, if not twice. They didn't have any coppas di frutta (not that I remember, anyway).

    Ciao!
    Susannah

    ReplyDelete