Sunday, May 9, 2010

The National Gallery



Today was the National Gallery day! Super exciting. There were so many pieces of art I've seen so many times that were so much more amazing in real life (Titian's Bacchus and Ariadne, and Holbien's The Ambassadors) and also some new paintings that I fell in love with a little (Coreggio's School of Love, and Dirck van Delen's An Architectural Fantasy). We actually managed to see every room in the building as well. Mr. Benoy would be proud :)



Kind of getting the hang of the Underground, but its certainly not as pretty as the Canada Line... And it's weirdly super hot instead of icy cold like ours. Oohh cultural differences. Tomorrow I'm meeting for lunch with a friend from UBC and then while Elliott is off visiting family, Paige, Laraina and I will be hitting up the super English landmarks: Parliament, Big Ben, the London Eye. And then ohmygoddidimention Elliott and I are going to WICKED??! I'm very excited. If you don't know what it is, it's a musical about the witches from the Wizard of Oz and it's supposed to be amazing.

I think that's about it for now... Not sure when my next entry will be but the plan is to add another entry before we fly off to Athens on Tuesday. No texting or internet on phone there so I'm not entirely if I'll have any presence here that week. Don't miss me too much...

3 comments:

  1. June 19, 1995
    Salisbury
    Walked over to Salisbury Cathedral - the tallest spire in Europe @ 404 feet. Got tour of roof and also saw an original copy of the Magna Carta ... Hopped in the car for pub lunch and over to Stonehenge. It looks amazing from up the hill. We parked on a dirt road [in a farmer's field, actually] off the highway [for some pictures].

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so Queen didn't approve of hostel picture and her people had it removed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool to see your trip too Susannah.. but do I even want to ask about your Ima Loser handle? haha...

    Yes mom ;)

    ReplyDelete